KABUL: Sikh minority members on Monday asked government to investigate deadly attack that killed 19 people, including 17 Sikhs in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province.
On Sunday, the blast took place in Malang Jan square in the limits of the first municipality district at around 3:50pm targeting the vehicles that carried the Sikh minority community members.
Nangarhar-based Sikhs attended the funeral ceremony of their relatives killed in the bombing that claimed by Daesh or known as Islamic State rebels.
They urged the government to properly investigate the suicide attack and punish those committed negligence in duty.
Nerinder Singh, son of Awthar Singh, who was killed in yesterday’s bombing, also urged probe into the barbaric act and blamed security forces over negligence. He grumbled how a bomber reached to the spot despite strict security measures.He warned if their demands were not met they would stage widespread demonstrations.
Goreet Singh, who survived the attack, said: “We were about 25 people on the way to governor’s house in four vehicles when came under attack.”
Other members of the community held similar views.
Police chief Ghulam Sanaei Stanikzai said investigation had been launched that how the bomber reached to his target and information would be shared with media in the earliest possible.
The Kabul Times