North Korea considering pulling out of talks unless US takes steps

A senior North Korean official says Pyongyang is considering suspending talks on denuclearization with the United States and resuming its nuclear and missile tests.
The North’s Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui said on Friday that leader Kim Jong-un is set to make an official announcement about his decision soon.
Choe said on their way back to Pyongyang from talks with US President Donald Trump in Hanoi last month, Kim told her that “for what reason do we have to make this train trip again?’”
Trump walked away from the talks, claiming that Kim had insisted on the removal of all sanctions but Pyongyang rejected that account, stressing that it had only wanted a partial lifting of the penalties.
“I want to make it clear that the gangster-like stand of the US will eventually put the situation in danger,” Choe told foreign diplomats and journalists in Pyongyang.
North Korea, she said, is deeply disappointed by the collapse of the talks between Trump and Kim.
“We have no intention to yield to the US demands in any form, nor are we willing to engage in negotiations of this kind,” the Russian news agency cited her as saying.
Choe reiterated that Pyongyang’s demand during the summit was for five key economic sanctions to be lifted, not all sanctions.
She said Washington “has thrown away a golden opportunity this time” in Hanoi. “This time we understood very clearly that the United States has a very different calculation to ours.”
Presstv

Related posts

Speeding car explodes near presidential palace in Mogadishu

TheKabulTimes

Germany calls for European arms embargo on Saudi Arabia

Saida Ahmadi

Cuban president in Russia to revive ‘strategic partnership’

Saida Ahmadi