Afghanistan seeks fund to fight Corona

By: The Kabul Times

KABUL: Public Health Minister Ferozuddin Feroz said that the country needed $100 million while they only have $18 million. He said, “it is nothing.” The number of coronavirus cases was rising in Afghanistan was increasing because the Public Health Ministry does not have access to the required budget to fight the pandemic, the Minister has said. Four members of NATO’s Resolute Support mission are also among those who have contracted the virus in Afghanistan, he added. “We have three deaths and five recovery cases… Based on our plan, we might need $100 million while right now we have $18 million and it is nothing,” said Feroz. Lawmakers also confirmed hurdles in the government’s campaign against the spread of the coronavirus. “The Ministry of Public Health does not have the required facilities in access. More than 5,000 passengers and refugees are entering Herat from Iran on a daily basis and 1,000 to 2,000 others are entering Nimroz. “There should be proper measures for these people,” said Najibullah Nasir, head of the health committee of the Wolesi Jirga, the Lower House of the Afghan Parliament, a local television channel, ToloNews reported. “Based on our information, other areas are also faced with problems, and so far no attention has been paid to them,” said Jawed Safi, an MP.  As part of efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus, the government on Friday announced a three-week lockdown in Kabul. There are 145 positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Afghanistan on Monday.

 

Related posts

President Ghani meets US Mike Pence

Saida Ahmadi

President Ghani, IARCSC head discuss civil service reform

Saida Ahmadi

Dozens of militants killed in Kandahar in past 3 days, police chief

Saida Ahmadi